Friday, June 15, 2012

Nicole Moudaber | The End Up




The following day after Nicole Moudaber dropped a set at The End Up in San Francisco, I couldn't feel my legs. I'm not sure if it's completely normal to think that I beat myself up dancing the night away to what would probably be an intense version of musical chairs to deafening beats. I couldn't stop dancing!

What Nicole Moudaber did that night is what a lot of djs haven't done in a long time. Make me dance for hours on end. With a scene so polluted with festival hype, big visual displays, bottle service, VIP privileges and people consumed with being over night celebrities, the focus doesn't seem to be about the music anymore.  Nicole Moudaber is about the music. The chunky thick beats and layers of syncopated percussion is like icing on a cake. I felt like I was at a never ending buffet of the dirtiest beats that could be served, and I liked it. She dropped an arsenal of heavy tracks from artist like Pirupa, &Me, Victor Calderone and also tracks she produced herself.

I was in a battle zone. All I heard was bomb after bomb and it wouldn't let up. She has been labeled the "Techno Queen" and rightfully so. Whether it was techno, house, tech-house, Nicole took us on a journey of the dirties beats. This is how clubbing should be. This is what people should be experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment